Functional Products Inc. formulates, blends and manufactures lubricant additives to improve the performance of oil, grease and biobased fluids operating under various conditions. We offer an extensive range of viscosity modifiers, tackifiers, way-lube packages and other lubricant additives to meet your needs.
- Industrial Lubricant Additives
Industrial packages for mineral and vegetable oil to make finished hydraulic fluids, gear oils and way oils.
We offer a wide range of tackifiers to fit your requirements.
- Viscosity Modifiers
Our Viscosity Modifier packages are high molecular weight polymers which change the temperature dependence of a liquid lubricants’ viscosity.
- Biobased Additives
Lubricants based on vegetable oils offer significant environmental benefits as well as providing satisfactory performance in a wide array of applications.
- Grease Additives
A variety of polymer additives that positively affect the performance of grease.
- Food Grade Lubricant Additives
We offer an extensive line of additives for various types of food grade lubricants.
Custom products are our specialty. Our technical staff is available to provide advice and formulate products for your specific application. Functional Products operates a blending facility located in Macedonia, Ohio, with the capacity to meet your current and future needs. We have the expertise to ship worldwide through our network of distributors located in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
Functional Products Inc. member affiliations:
- STLE – Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers
- NLGI – National Lubricating Grease Institute
- ILMA – Independent Lubricant Manufacturers Association
- Functional Products received a “Best Paper Award” from ELGI (European Lubricants and Grease Institute) for our paper on polymer compatibility in mineral and vegetable oils.
- Functional Products contributed to TLT’s articles on Viscosity Modifiers and Additives for Grease.
- Functional Products contributes to Advanced Grease Courses at NLGI conferences, authors technical papers, chapters in books- Leslie Rudnick’s Lubricant Additives, and participates in numerous technical associations throughout the world.